As the name suggests, a Storm from the South, John Calhoun was passionate about his beliefs. People should be committed to their ideals, and have visions of how said aims would be achieved. I will be sarcastic and say that it was nice to see him be so loyal and dedicated about the oppression of other human being.
The above relates to our class discussion, in that it proves that fervent people can be extremely wrong. For example, in my opinion, the modern day tea party movement. These people have no intention of compromising for the betterment of the country. Instead, their only intention is to block progress, create misinformation, and also to scare the masses.
All my posts are similar. I am a strong proponent of conciliation and cooperation, in order to make the country and the world a better place. Some may consider me to be gullible, but I believe that we should all leave the earth in a better position than we found it.
No comments:
Post a Comment